Thursday, July 22, 2010

Uncoat the sugar and get real!

Do you ever run across someone that just seems TOO DAMN HAPPY? Don’t get me wrong, I’m a pretty happy person myself. I love my life, don’t take things too seriously, and usually wake up with a positive mind set, but honestly? Life isn’t perfect all the time and not every day is a bowl of cherries.

However, some people always seem to wake up on the right side of the bed and are doing “fabulous!” if you ask. Nobody ever pisses in their cheerios and they have the perfect cookie cutter little life where their grass is greener and their kids are wonderful little blessings and everything is peachy keen every single day. They seem to ride to work by sliding down rainbows while an exhaust of sparkly sunshine shoots out their ass. Well, I got news for you…this is not normal and I don’t buy it!

Here’s the thing, I love happy positive people, and I’m one of them 98% of the time, but I don’t take it into overkill. You need to have some bad days pop up in the mix, for without them, you would never appreciate the good ones. I don’t expect life to be fabulous every single day, so I accept my days for what they are. I am satisfied most of the time with what I get from them and always go to bed with a warm heart. However, these certain people in the world that never have anything to complain about and seem to live in this happy little bubble, are a mirage. I want to pop that bubble and whisper:” It’s ok to not try to look like you’re little Mary Sunshine every single day.”

Your facebook status update simply cannot be about how wonderful and blessed you are and how life is so super great every single day. This usually coming from the girl who’s fresh out of a relationship, but still friends with the ex, hence needing to make him read about how much better her life is since he left her. Yes, this is obvious, and yes he knows you’re writing that to get him jealous. No, it most likely does not work.

I just wish that people would feel comfortable enough to express their selves in a more realistic manner and not worry that someone may judge them. You don’t have to be “Super Mom, Stepford wife” and love your job every day. I know you stub your toe sometimes and scream the “F bomb” like the rest of us! Because seriously? How can you not get pissed off when you stub your toe…?

No one of us is any better than the rest when it comes to life. Life is unpredictable, and unfair, and beautiful all at once. It’s mysterious and fun, but sometimes shit happens. Sometimes you have to roll around in it a bit before you can sort the shit out. It’s all meant to be. It’s ok to have these bad days. You don’t have to act like you’re “So happy!” all the time. Because underneath that layer of sugar you dress yourself in and behind that fake smile you plaster on your face, there’s a real human being under there that people would prefer to see more of. True happiness comes from within and it’s grown from trial and error, mistakes and recovery, good and bad. So please uncoat the sugar every now and then and admit that you got a speeding ticket, told a few good lies, or put your underwear on backwards. Normal people are so much more interesting than the perfect mirage.

** For any of you who may think I was referring to you when I mentioned the “too happy” status updates. I wasn’t. Those people have already been deleted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment