Monday, November 19, 2012

The sweet tooth strikes again...









I’m a sucker for anything sweet, chocolatey, and gooey so in an effort to make something delicious and yet as healthy as possible, I used the inspiration of a few recipes I found online and twisted them a bit to fit the flavors I crave and the ingredients I had on hand. OMG.

It turned out to be winner! So allow me to introduce this delectable little masterpiece I like to call:

Creamy coconut and peanut butter awesomeness

1/2 cup earth balance coconut and peanut spread
6 oz. organic vanilla yogurt
1/4 vanilla almond milk (or regular)
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole grain rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8x8 glass baking dish.

Blend together the egg,yogurt, and milk. Then add the sugars,oats,cocoa,salt, and baking powder. Pour the mixture into the dish.

Melt the coconut and peanut spread for 15 seconds and drop by dollops onto the batter. Swirl around to make it look marbled and fancy.

Bake for 25 minutes until they slightly pull away from the pan. Cool completely before digging in (I know it’s hard!) Then go nuts with them! These would be really good with coconut ice-cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment