Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving a shout out to THANKFULNESS

Oh lovely day of thanks that visits us just once a year so we can remember all the intricate little details of our lives that are in actuality: blessings....

I have so very much to be thankful for, and although I appreciate my good fortunes every day, I feel in honor of the holiday I should make a list of them for good measure lest I forget what they are on any old random day. Perhaps I can look back on this list on those days that make me want to dig a hole in the earth and crawl inside or on the days where I’m raging with PMS and I can’t seem to find a particular sweater which leads to me bawling in my closet.

Anyhow--on to the thankfulness list~

1.) Vegetables. Yes I said it. Fresh organic vegetables. It is one of the many loves of my life and I smile at the smell of cucumbers. So thank you bountiful earth for all you provide.

2.) My keurig (google it if you’ve never seen one)for without this magical coffee brewer I would never have experienced the joy of a hot cup of coconut mocha or chocolate raspberry truffle. Oh the delight!

3.) Mobility. As in my limbs and their outstanding condition. I have no aches, pains, ailments to speak of. My legs and arms have been very good to me and being able to walk and jump and kick and hula hoop freely....well how can one not be thankful for that every day?!

4.) BOOKS. My worst nightmare would be if someone told me I could never read again. Printed words on pages make me so happy--books are my fuel, my knowledge and my inspiration. I love them.

5.) My job. I am so lucky to be able to go to work 5 days a week and to be surrounded with some pretty cool people. (Especially Jill because she can cry and laugh at the same time like I can and she let’s me tease her relentlessly and still loves me).

6.) Vodka, beer, and other beverages that give me that extra lift I need to let my personality shine. Heehee. Plus they give me some killer dance moves if I take them in large quantities. Hollah!

7.) My feet. For without those size 8 1/2 tootsies I would never be able to enjoy my most favorite hobby of all: shoe shopping.

8.) The faces in my life that make my heart swell. Mainly, my outstanding hubby, my bright eyed kiddo, and the 4 legged doggie Nico with the big chocolate eyes and little apple head. My family is what keeps me ticking and my beloved friends who without them in my life I would never know true deep chested laughter and honest companionship. LOVE conquers all. Give it, receive it, and be happy.

9.) My bed. I have to say it because I truly adore my sleeping quarters. It’s warm, cozy, and always there for me. It’s like a pet that doesn’t speak.

10.) Above all I am thankful for my optimistic mind. It has helped me through one of the toughest years of my life and only gets stronger as time goes on. It’s my own personal cheerleader working 24/7 and for that I am whole heartedly thankful.

Should I go on or is 10 things enough? Because really I could go on all night but at some point it would get ridiculous because I would be thankful for fuzzy socks, intelligent nutrients hairspray, goji berries, heated seats, skinny jeans.... It would be never ending.

So that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment