Thursday, May 5, 2011

~A shelf in my mind of what matters~

Life. Such a broad word to ultimately define what really is a very short trip. We are supposed to get out of life what we put into it. We are supposed to live every day as if it were our last and to enjoy it to the fullest. Easy to say, not always easy to do.Troubles arise, unfairness creeps in, and sometimes I feel like I’m looking at a world of two-faced people and wondering who I truly know and who I don’t.

What really “matters” in life has been weighing on my mind lately. Life doesn’t always feel so soft and fluffy some days and in my mind I needed to lay out in front of me the little things that matter so I can collect these tiny thoughts of positive inspiration, wrap them up in a bow, and put them on the neat little shelf in the back of my mind that is labeled “lessons in what truly matters.”

Here are a few personal thoughts that I have layered up in my mind....

~ It matters not what is done to you by others, but what you do in return.

~ Fighting for what you’re worth is pointless, instead you shall take your worth to where someone can appreciate it without you having to whisper a word of persuasion.

~Fixing people never works. The people who most need to be fixed and corrected are too stubborn to see it. In due time, they may be forced to change. It is not my job to speed the process.

~Lessons were given to us to be learned from, not to be questioned. Lessons make the mind broader and the heart stronger. When the fire arises inside, let it light the way to something better rather than trying to blow it out or calm your emotions.

~It doesn’t matter whether someone else makes horrible decisions that affect my life. That is their lesson to learn. I have my own problems to fix. It’s okay to watch people burn their bridges, peek over my shoulder, and continue to walk away. I have mountains to move thank-you.

~As long as I am being the best ME that I can BE, I am doing just fine.

~When people stab me in the back, I need to simply remove the knife and wipe the blade clean. Confident girls walk away with a smile instead of throwing knives back.

~It doesn’t matter what is spoken of me by anyone who doesn’t truly know me. Smart girls know who is worth their time and who is simply worthless.

~If you don’t like something and you cannot change it, then you must move on or tolerate the discouragement.

~The joy of true friends will always outweigh the betrayal of false ones.

~The love of a few good people is all you really need. Focus on the love you are given, and erase the feelings of negative energy brought on by the weak minded.

~If you want something done, something said, or something changed, it is all up to you and it is all within you. You are the only one who will ever really have your back. Use yourself instead of looking for other people to fight your battles.

~Know that good brings good and bad brings bad. Karma will come around, and in the end everyone will have results for the choices they’ve made. I will not get frustrated with other people’s bad decision making. I have faith that their time will come. And so will mine.

~If I can hold my head high every day, knowing that I am bigger and better than anything that can happen to me, I have done enough for the day.


*That’s what I’ve learned so far just this week. It has been a long week obviously :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment