Friday, October 1, 2010

I can't believe summer's over!!

“I can’t believe summer’s already over!” It’s the same thing I say every year and every year I vow to do all the things next summer that I didn’t get a chance to do this summer. It’s like the second it gets to 60 degrees, high hopes arise of all desires I crave to satisfy in the summer heat. Then, like the blink of an eye, the cold air hits again and I feel like my dreams of sunshine have somehow slipped through my fingers like a fist full of sand. What in the hell did I do all summer anyway? I can’t never even remember! I sure as hell can make a fine list of all things I swore I was “going” to do, but never seemed to find the time to.

Here they are:

1.) Eat corn on the cob. This summer, I NEVER rubbed hot corn in butter and dug my teeth in to it. This makes me want to cry like a little baby.
2.) Go to the pool. I’m talking about the one a few blocks from our house at the park. It’s a simple little kiddy pool that I pictured taking Landon to every weekend. NEVER HAPPENED. The last time I saw the pool it was warm outside and I was waiting for it to open. Now it’s closed already.
3.) Go to The Water Park. Again, this is a block from our house. It has big water slides, huge fake trees that shoot out water, and nice cozy lounge chairs. It’s closed and I’m kicking myself.
4.) Go on a boat. I NEVER got on a boat this SUMMER! I know. Can you believe it?! Well, I did take a pontoon ride to a luau, but that was a couple weekends ago and I was wearing mittens and a blanket, so that doesn’t count if there is not a bikini top and sunglasses involved.
5.) Go to The Zoo. ARGHHH!! How could I have not made it to the frickin’ zoo?! Boo hoo hoo is all I can say. Until next year monkeys….
6.) Go to ValleyFair. I really wanted to take Landon here for the kiddy rides. He would have loved it! Hey…it’s not still open is it? Wait, I refuse to wear boots to Valleyfair anyways…
7.) Go to Champs Alleyway. I just thought I’d for sure make it to the alley way bar downtown. Sipping on a cold one with my girlfriends while the sunset kissed our spaghetti strapped shoulders…Nope. Didn’t happen (tear slides down cheek)
8.) Swim. I never swam this summer and I never even put on a bikini unless I was in my backyard with a book. Shit, I never even got in the damn kiddy pool. I suck.
9.) Go to Stillwater. I planned on taking Landon over to Teddy Bear Park and maybe taking a trolley ride. I figured I had all summer to do that one. But-oopsy! Summer’s Ohhh-Verrrr now…
10.) The biggest regret I have is NOT MAKING IT TO THE FARMER’S MARKET. So mad about this I want to literally kick my own ass. I love the fruit, the veggies; the flowers…Oh Summer...please come back to meeeee!

Ok, so I’m done whining until next year, BUT I still had an awesome June-August spent with some of the finest people on the planet. We did use the grill a couple times, travel a tad, and of course I did manage to get a teeny tiny sun-kissed glow for like a millisecond and eat entirely too much ice cream- oh wait, I still indulge in that year round. But, now it’s a new season and a new leaf shall turn (a crimson red perhaps, or succulent peach). My house smells like pumpkins and my trees look beautiful. I guess there’s always something new to look forward to, after all, I do get to take my kid trick-or-treating and steal his candy while he sleeps! Just keeping it positive…

No comments:

Post a Comment