Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chocolate Looooove

Chocolate Loooove

Obviously my love for chocolate goes without saying, but since it is “National Chocolate Day” I decided to do a little research on the benefits of consuming this fabulous piece of melted heaven. By the way I did acknowledge this holiday by indulging on: Reese Peanut butter cups, M&Ms (plain and peanut), Twix bar, whoppers, a Hershey’s bar, and a good old cup of hot chocolate. Ok, so I eat that much chocolate every day…but whatever, as I was saying, the benefits are:

1.) It tastes good, so it makes people happy.
2.) It lowers blood pressure (probably because it tastes good, therefore relaxing the mind)
3.) It lowers cholesterol (by 10%)
4.) It stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure. Chocolate body paints anyone?
5.) It contains serotonin, which can be an anti-depressant (probably because it tastes good, so it makes you happy)
6.) It contains caffeine for that extra “lift” during the day.
7.) Chocolate could melt a girls heart and say “I love you” without speaking a word (well, for me anyway)
8.) It tastes really good when you’re pissed off because eating it makes you feel better.
9.) It tastes really good if you’re happy, it can at times be euphoric.
10.) It makes life worth living on the days when you just want to say f*#k it.

Ok, so never mind the fact that they say to only have dark chocolate and to skip the nougat and avoid the milk, because, well, that’s just taking the fun out of it. I would live in a candy house with chocolate walls and a whipped cream roof if I could. I am whole heartedly, without a doubt, a chocolate lover. Oop- my fudge is ready for my ice cream now, gotta run…

No comments:

Post a Comment