Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oh look! A new skincare line! JUST what the world needs....

OMG every time I turn around, someone is coming up with the next best line of skincare and honey, I am oVer it! Cindy Crawford and Heidi Klum, you know I love you, but really? You had perfect skin before you came up with the skincare lines that are popping up on HSN and shining on the infomercials. Just admit that someone agreed to pay you massive amounts of $$ to say that “this” is the product that makes you gorgeous. And enough with the reality starts suddenly acting like they’ve come up with the perfect solution to erase wrinkles and fade age spots. I call BULLSHIT. And you Kardashian sisters? You claim to have lost weight with a certain “pill” suddenly and you know that your body image on the bottle is totally photo-shopped to perfection. Do you think I don’t see your badonka-donk in US weekly? (which, by the way Kim and Khloe, looks just fine in my opinion). Oh, and KIM? I watch your show; I saw that you had Botox, so this so called “perfect skin” line you are now selling? Um….does it come with needles? I love you girls, don’t get me wrong, but enough already! Yes, I heard that you now have a Kardashian pre-paid credit card as well, but honey, I am not buying’ it….

YES. I too want to look young and fabulous and I want the skin of a 20 year old, but let’s face the facts…it just isn’t going to happen. I am a fool. I have purchased multiple lines of skincare that claim they’re “better than Botox” and can give me glowing silky skin in a bottle. Guess what? They don’t work and I’m sick of being suckered! There is not a bottle in the world than can bring back your youth (even though it was called, youth in a bottle). I tried creams, lotions, serums, masks—you name it and it has been on my face. Hydroxatone was the new hype in magazines and TV, so I bought it of course. Save your $$. You’re welcome. Oh, and the whole dremu oil craze that comes from the flightless bird the emu? I bought that too, and it left my skin greasier than a pan of bacon. Of course I did ProActive…well duh all the stars use it so it MUST work. It doesn’t. Actually, it GAVE me acne. I went so far as getting laser treatments on my face and guess what? Nothing changed except the fact my face felt like it got sucked up by a vacuum of fire and I threw $2000 down the toilet. I am DONE. I am going to drink tons of water, which is free, and wear my damn sunscreen to savor the clear skin I have left and I am going to put all the money I spend on these stupid skincare lines into a big old jar that says “Botox Fund” and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment