Sunday, March 10, 2013

~The bread you'll go bananas for~

My tooth is sweet and my tongue wanted a treat so I fired up the oven and whipped up the most gooey and delicious loaf of banana bread ever to sweeten the air in my house. The texture and flavors were positively flawless and I think I FINALLY figured out how to make a mind melting bread without adding flour, milk, butter and other unhealthy crap.

I combined a couple of recipes I found online and came up with the precise combination of ingredients to make this one a winner!

Of course I’ll share it. Oh and plus it has zero processed sugar, it’s dairy free, gluten free and vegan...YES it is possible to make the perfect bread without those items :)

~The Bread you’ll go Bananas for~

Preheat the oven to 350.

Dry ingredients:
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups spelt flour
1 stevia packet
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Wet ingredients:
1/3 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
1/4 cup organic blue agave
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups mashed banana (measure after mashing, it took 5 large for mine)

Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix gently with a wooden spoon and then just use your hands to incorporate it all. You don’t need to over-do the mixing it will look nice and blended quickly.

Grease a loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes. The top will be slightly brown when done.

Cool at least 20 minutes before slicing into (ok so the smell got to me and I dug in after 10 and really didn’t care if it crumbled because it was so damn good)

It’s difficult to not want to devour the entire loaf. Next time I’ll just double up on everything and make 2 loaves. One for ME and one for the boys :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment