Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A little tale of being stuck in the snow

I’m making progress.

The ONLY time I swore at the snow today was when my tires got wedged into a slushy pile after fully stopping at the stop sign (why oh why I didn’t just floor it through the shit--oops I mean snow). Anyway, so I maneuvered the vehicle in a creative fashion by going into the obvious forward reverse forward reverse motion whilst cranking the wheel from right to left and pushing my foot onto the gas pedal in a fit of frustration. I got a slight bit of satisfaction because I felt a momentary rush of heat flood through my body. Anger gave me a blood flow of warmth to my chest and I relished in it as my cheeks turned a flush of pink.

I could feel the presence of a vehicle waiting for the jackass (being me) at the stop sign to get the hell moving. I finally gave it one big PUSH equipped with a trail of f-bombs that may easily have been heard 3 miles down. I gave a quick glance in my rear view mirror for a 3 second “aha!” grin to the dude behind me. He seemed pleased, which is more than I can say for the poor gentlemen who was attempting to shovel his sidewalk to the left of me. I’m assuming he was in a snowsuit although he looked more like a walking snowman covered head to toe in the backwash of slush and snow that my fierce moment of gear thrusting tire spinning action had turned him into. I thought of going back to apologize but feared getting re-stuck, hell I was glad to be moving!

It’s ok though. I don’t think he was in the mood for an apology as I saw his snow covered fist raise in the air as his middle finger slightly rose above the rest.

I wasn’t offended in the least as I felt completely worthy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment