Sunday, October 2, 2011

Use your damn blinker

While there are many things that make me irritated by my fellow patrons of the road, one peeve in particular that almost 100% of the time will make my blood boil is people who do NOT use their blinker. I just don’t get it!

Today as I was at a stop sign there was a van coming from the left. I had planned to go right as indicated by my right blinker being ON. To the right of me was a girl running her dog, also stopped at the sign. The girl and I were waiting for the van to pass so she could cross the street with her dog, and then I would take my right turn. However instead of this occurrence, the van actually decreased in speed and took a left turn- no blinker of course. Had they indicated that they were going left with their blinker than the girl and I could have proceeded with our intended directions. This is what irritates the hell out of me. It’s pure idiocy.

People that do not use their blinkers are predisposing themselves to a barrage of stereotypes in my opinion. I automatically think that they are:

#1: LAZY. Lifting a finger to click on a blinker? Just too much to handle.

#2: SELFISH. If they know where they’re going that’s all that matters. Fuck everyone else.

#3: INCONSIDERATE: They don’t know these other people on the road so who cares how they feel about using my blinker or not.

#4: UNFOCUSED: What’s a blinker? Oh yeah I think I do recall learning about that in driver’s ed.

#5: STUPID
Yes I automatically assume that people who don’t use their blinkers have a low IQ as well as anger issues and a careless attitude towards others.

I would love nothing more than to have a mechanism built into cars to punish someone who didn’t use their blinker. If the car recognizes that the steering wheel has been turned fully around without a blinker having been on it would send a signal to the mechanism, triggering a response in the none-blinker-user’s car in which their steering wheel would then slide open to reveal a big red boxing glove that would spring out to punch them in the face. Just a nice quick punch to wake them up a bit and let them know they’re an asshole. Maybe the stereo would chime in with a little jingle about using your blinker. No really. I think this could fix the problem.

Be considerate of others on the road. Pay attention. Use your damn blinker. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment