Saturday, June 4, 2011

My silly mistake of the day :)

So I did something silly today (actually, a tad dumb) and feel obligated to share the humor...

So as I’m leaving the shopping mall with my jolly little kid in the back seat chanting “I’m hung-wee, I’m hung-wee, I’m hung-wee” (translation: “I’m hungry”), I ask him what he wants. “I want a hang-a-ber, and french fries, and lots and lots of ice cream!” Typical response here.

Cruising along the road, I try to find the nearest drive-thru. I pull in and land in this long line while some lady in a mini-van takes like 10 minutes to place her order (she has the proud mom bumper stickers at all angles on the rear window...and you know there’s like 6 kids in the back). I’m thinking “Gaahh, can’t people just figure out what the hell they’re going to order ahead of time?!” Anyone who knows me, knows that I was born without patience. I FINALLY get up to the damn speaker and chant out as quickly as possible, proud that I know what the hell I want “I’ll have a kid’s cheeseburger meal with fries and sprite, a large fry with lots of mayo packets, and 2 small chocolate frostys with whip cream.” I got my money in hand because I’m all organized like that....Suddenly the girl says through the speaker, in the most duh-like tone eVer, “Umm, we don’t have any of those things. This is Taco John’s.” I can sense the cocky expression on her face.
I look up, and sure shit, I am at Taco John’s.

I thought I was at Wendy’s.

I simply reply “Ooopsy...I think I have the wrong place.” I drive 10 feet, hang a right and pull into the “correct” drive-thru for Wendy’s.

Lesson learned: Think before you speak, don’t judge others because nobody is perfect, and perhaps a little patience wouldn’t kill me.

So that was my dumb moment of the day! I think I even blushed a little, so obviously I had to get a LARGE frosty after that ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment