Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Minnesota Meltdown

Just a little "vent" I wrote about Winter, particularly that of a Minnesota one. The never-ending, I'm freezing my ass off, please light a fire and sit me on top of it type of coldness that chills my bones when the winter air lays itself on my world gets me a little bit itching for Summer, right about NOW. Happens every December....I'm already OVER IT :)

Minnesota Meltdown

Oh how graceful the snow does fall
Ice melts on my tongue as I catch them all,
I breathe in the wild Winter’s air
as crystal white stars drop onto my hair.

Blankets of white silk drape across the land
renewing the earth and freezing the sand
Cold white frosting drips from the trees,
Snow angels slide from hands to knees.

The dark sky twinkles with shivering light
A moon hangs low in a star lit night
It’s peaceful and sweet without demand,
Oh how I love this Winter Wonderland....



I’m freezing now and my toes are numb,
I live in Minnesota, man am I dumb!
I don’t have money for damn snow boots,
and I can’t walk in no damn snow suit!

I want my sunshine! Come back to me!
This snow white skin is not hap-py
My car seats are cold and my face is dry,
Where the hell is that damn snow plow guy?!

You drivers suck, get out of my lane,
It’s snow, not bullets, that are falling like rain.
Get a sled or get off the highway,
And why the f#*k am I stuck in my driveway?!

I don’t like wool and these mittens are shit,
My toes are ice and their polish is chipped
My neck is cold and the veins are blue,
Wear a turtle neck? No thank you!

My ears are numb, but the muffs look ridick
Where the hell is my de-icer shit?
My hair is big ball of static, don’t touch it!
Take that stocking cap and shove it!

Kidnap me please and take me to Cali,
I want to bask in the sun and smoke in the valley.
I dislike snow skis and ice skates too,
I just want to swim in a pool of bright blue.

Take me away, far far from here,
Let the sun toast my ass and bring me good cheer.
I want to bask in some rays and lay in the sand
F*#k this cold Winter Wonderland!

It’s up and down the mood swing ride
Like a one horse sleigh with a psychotic glide,
I’m laughing, I’m whining, spinning round and round,
A classic victim of the Minnesota Meltdown....

No comments:

Post a Comment