Wednesday, July 6, 2016

39 and feelin' fine




Even though there is a 10 year difference between 29 and 39 I still feel like I should be part of the latter. When I hit 30 I couldn’t believe I was actually THIRTY, it sounded ancient. 

I was so naïve.

I will always feel like I’m in my late 20’s energy-wise. I don’t think I look 39 but then again, what the hell does 39 look like. We are all of different genetics and lifestyles so who can predict what an appearance should be at a particular age?
I’m cool. Cool doesn’t age.
I will always be a sucker a new pair of shoes, never slow to adorning the hottest trends to rock the runway. I’m a fashion magnet. Your body is your temple right? So we should decorate it and give it the respect it deserves. Whether that comes in the form of healthy food for our bones or 5" heels for our toes.
I feel perpetually youthful. I don’t feel 39. Not that 39 is old, it just feels uncertain. Not solid. Teetering. Tip toeing up to some sort of last hurrah but peeking back over the shoulder of nostalgia.
But 39 it is and I shall own it like I own everything else in life beyond my control. Throwing my hands up, head tilted to the side, wide eyed and optimistic. It is what it is so lets roll with it.
That being said, this is not a whiny blog, nor is it an I can’t beeee-lieeeeeve I’m so oooooold blog. No no no.  This is just me, up at 6 a.m. on my birthday, sipping coffee from my new BUNN coffee pot (b-day gift #1 from my mother-in-law) awaiting my flood of birthday wishes to wash over me via facebook and enjoying the gloomy after-affects of last nights storm. 39 came in with bang guys, lightning, thunder, the works. Or perhaps 38 wouldn’t leave without a fight? Hung on to every tree branch with both fists until the wind finally beat the hell out of it and left a tattered mess of tipped over lawn chairs and flowers without petals. Either way, my hands are up, head tilted…owning it optimistically. 39. So far so good.
What is this blog about? Is there a point? Does there have to be a point to a blog? There isn’t a point to age either so goes the cliché that “age is just a number.” Do we keep track just so we have something legit to carve onto a headstone? Is old age a goal? I always felt the wisdom one gains on their life journey held more adoration than “so and so is now 103 years old…” Well, what have they learned? What did they offer to the world? Those are the things that matter. Not the birthdays you tally up but the lessons you’ve learned along the way. I could blog about the top lessons I learned in the past year but it’s been a “record year” for me and this blog would be a novel in no time.
Instead why don’t I just sit back and be thankful the day is mine to do with what I please. It’s the most relaxed I’ve felt in a very long time. I am comfortable. I have made some big changes during my 38th year of life that will alter my future in a way where the age 39 is almost guaranteed to be my most memorable age to date. It’s all uphill from here. This I know for sure.
So here I am. 39 and feeling fine. Isn’t there some song about “put your hands in the air and wave ‘em like ya just don’t care….”
That’s where I’m at. With rings on my fingers and bells on my toes. Where she goes….no one knows. 
I'm 39 and feelin' fine. This is my year and now is my time.

1 comment:


  1. Chủ đầu tư brg park residence phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside hoàng mai phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside tam trinh phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside hoàng mai phạm văn đồng
    Mở bán chung cu royal park hà đông
    Mở bán chung cu royal park hà đông
    Ra mắt dự án five star resident hà nội
    Ra mắt palm garden le van luong
    Mở bán chung cu gemek premium hà đông
    Mở bán dự án hồng hà thinh liệt hà đông
    Mở bán chung cư nguyễn tuân hà đông
    Mở bán the green daisy hà đông
    Mở bán dự án flc quang trung hà đông
    Mở bán chung cư the golden palm hà đông
    Mở bán dự án the golden palm lê văn lương hà đông
    Mở bán the golden palm hà đông
    Mở bán rivera park 69 vũ trọng phụng hà đông
    Giới thiệu chung cư an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu an bình city cổ nhuế
    Chủ đầu tư an bình city phạm văn đồng phạm văn đồng
    Mở bán flc green home phạm hùng hà đông

    ReplyDelete