Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions: My Top Ten

Being that I am completely indecisive when it comes to picking one of anything, it would be impossible for me to choose one single resolution, therefore I’ve decided to list my top ten. This way I don’t have to drown in the pressure of succumbing to a single concept nor do I feel like a failure if I decide to suddenly kick one of them to the wind and focus more on the next. I make changes all year round in a disorganized and spontaneous fashion, so I’m not even a prime candidate for this whole resolution thing, but what the hell. It’s a new year and I have officially made it into 2012 a better person than I was in 2011, I still have all my limbs, a big healthy heart, and a happy mood that swings my soul---and while I’ll drink to that alone, there’s always room for more improvements in my life. So here goes!

1.) I am no longer going to buy shoes that I do not need simply because they’re cute and make a fashion statement. (I already know that this will be the first one to fly out the window. I will be full of excuses) I should just delete this.

2.) I will pick up my shoes rather than have them scattered in piles by every doorway. My husband will have less injuries and I will be able to better locate them if I put them away.

3.) No more ice cream unless it’s organic and dairy free. I am eating french silk ice cream as I type this and I have exactly 29 hours to finish off this gallon before 2012 hits. Geeeeeeezzzz better get one more helping.

4.) I will limit my mid-day coffee purchases to once a week. Honestly. Should a 12 oz. white mocha latte really cost $5? I think NOT. I will no longer support this.

5.) I will, without doubt, start writing a book before Spring. I must must must follow through on this.

6.) I will stop complaining about how much I despise my hair and instead feel thankful that I at least have hair. If anyone catches me complaining about it I will give them permission to chop it off. (There may be exceptions to this, but as of now this is my resolution)

7.) I will learn how to make spanikopita. I have been wanting to make this for years and damn it, 2012 is going to be the YEAR!

8.) I must. I must. I must increase my bust. If my boobie meditations don’t pan out than I’m going to pay for some. I have wanted boobs since I was 11 and am still waiting for them to grow....

9.) Go to yoga! This year I am going to do yoga. I have always wanted to and I don’t know what I’m waiting for!

10.) Love more. If I ever catch myself being critical towards myself or another person I’m going to “flip it” and instead say something positive. Life is too short for negative energy. We need to love each other more.

I am going to print this out and hang it by my mirror and really try to accomplish all these things! Then I’m going to browse the shoes on zappos and see if I can’t find a couple more pairs before 2012 hits. Clock is ticking....

No comments:

Post a Comment