Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All else fails? Grin and wear it!



Here’s my new little technique I use when I’m feeling as though someone is trying to pull me out of my “happy place” and into the pit of negativity with their crabby moods and cruel intentions. It’s quite simple actually and keeps me giggling all day. When someone makes a rude comment or wears a frown and their lower lip protrudes out so far that you have to hold your hands back from trying to flick it back into place, you need to get back on track. As much as I’d like to tell people to grow up, be nice, and quit acting like a 3 yr. old, I can’t do that. I need to stay in my happy zone thank you very much. So I don’t look at them. I look at a mirror instead.

When assholes strike, drama starts, or people get all bitchy I simply remove myself and head to the ladies room. I look in the mirror at myself and twist my face into the biggest grin I can muster up. I’m talking ridiculous bozo-the-clown type of glee. I pop my eyes open as big as they can go and bulge them up with enthusiasm and hilarity. Ear to ear, as wide as my teeth can smile and as high up as my brows will go, I perk my face into this cartoonish type of silly happiness. I look like a damn fool. A lunatic. A person that’s two breaths away from the loony bin. But you know what? It’s fucking hilarious. A person simply cannot, in all their power, not laugh their ass off if they do this. Fake it til ya make it. Laughter is the cure to anything, I swear. I laugh so hard that every piece of negative energy that tried to seep into my mind is exuded out through bellows of laughter and I feel refreshed. Energized. New. Of course, my fellow co-workers using the restroom for it’s sole purpose are hiding in the stalls afraid to come out because they think a crazy hyena is on the loose.... Anyway, that’s not the point. When I walk out I feel like a brand new shiny being again. Void of all evil and ready to skip to my happy beat again. And anytime something bothers me during the day, I simply picture my ridiculous shit ass grin in that mirror and I’m good to go again. My soul is warmed with laughter and I’m reminded at just how insignificant mood swings can be. I grin and I wear it in my mind because that silly image of my ballooned up happy face can be remembered all day long. Try it! Consider it free therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment